Being a foster parent is an enriching experience. You will be caring for abused or neglected children and serving as a role model for the biological families working for reunification with their children. Here’s how to get started on the path to becoming a foster parent.
- Watch information session and download the following packet
- Complete 27 hours of pre-service training
- Participate in child abuse and criminal background check
- Participate in an in-depth home inspection and home study
You may be eligible for foster parenting if you are:
- At least 21 years old
- Married or single
- Renting or owning
- Financially stable
- Committed to loving and nurturing a child in your home
- Willing to work in partnership with everyone involved in the child’s life to meet the child’s needs
- Dedicated to helping a child reunify with their biological family
- In attendance at all required training sessions
- Able to physically accommodate children in your home
IF YOU’RE READY CLICK THE LINK TO FILL OUT YOUR SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE
See our Foster Care FAQs or message us today!
Ready to take the next step to become a foster parent? Contact Brevard Family Partnership at (321) 752-4650.
Each person who chooses Foster Care has a “Why.” Please take a few moments to witness their stories.