We all know that children are special, but adopted children are chosen!
Adoption is a sense of stability for a child. It means the child has a ‘forever family’ who will be there for them through the good times and the challenges. The decision to adopt should never be made in haste or based solely on emotion. Becoming a parent through adoption is time-consuming, but it’s worth the effort.
The adoption process makes the chosen child a legal member of the adoptive family with all the rights and privileges of a biological child. Give a child the love and security they genuinely deserve and make your house a home to an extraordinary child!
See our steps to adopt a child.
Who Can Adopt a Child and How Do I Get Started?
People of all ages, races, and beliefs are eligible to become adoptive parents. There is no marital, educational, or financial prerequisite that must be met for consideration.
To get started, please fill out our Contact Form and a member of our team will reply within 5-7 business days.
General Adoption Information for Melbourne and Brevard County
Adoption is permanent for a child who has been permanently removed from their home and resides in foster, relative, or kinship care. We work in partnership with our case management agencies to ensure the timeliest adoption for the children in our care.
Many factors impact the permanent placement of children and can include:
- Age of the child
- Whether they are part of a sibling group
- Their gender identification
- Medical, emotional, and developmental needs
If you are interested in providing a “forever home” for a child in the foster care system, call us at 407-725-2170.
What to Consider?
Some things to keep in mind when pursuing adoption:
- Why do I want to adopt a child in Melbourne?
- Can I provide a stable home for a child?
- Am I ready to open my heart to another’s needs?
- Is this child just a substitute for a lost child or a person in their own right?
- Am I willing to go through the paperwork and various other requirements to have a child?
- How will I handle friends’ and family’s questions and comments about adoption?
- Can I love this child as my own?
- How will I deal with my child’s questions about their birth parents?
- When will I tell my child about adoption?
- Can I afford to take another person into my family?
Traits of Successful Adoptive Families:
- A true acceptance of the child’s differences
- The ability to measure success in small steps
- A firm belief in commitment.
Child Adoptions Facilitated by Brevard Family Partnership and Its Partner Agencies in Melbourne FL
Each year, Brevard Family Partnership helps bring together children and families in Brevard Florida who begin a new life together. To date, we’ve found “forever homes” for over 1,500 children!
2006- 98 Foster children placed in forever homes
2007- 89 Foster children placed in forever homes
2008- 76 Foster children placed in forever homes
2009- 71 Foster children placed in forever homes
2010- 76 Foster children placed in forever homes
2011- 59 Foster children placed in forever homes
2012- 71 Foster children placed in forever homes
2013- 60 Foster children placed in forever homes
2014- 75 Foster children placed in forever homes
2015- 76 Foster children placed in forever homes
2016- 70 Foster children placed in forever homes
2017- 94 Foster children placed in forever homes
If you are interested in finding out more about becoming an adoptive parent or family in Melbourne, Rockledge, Palm Bay and all Brevard County cities, please contact us
or see our Frequently Asked Questions about Adoptions.