Brevard Family Partnership and the National Center for Innovation and Excellence are holding a video contest for all eligible Independent Living Youth – read below to find out more.
You’re Already A Star! Now Tell Us How You Do it!
As one of Brevard’s young adults in Independent Living, we want to know what you think about the current program and what we could do to make it better. We’d also like to hear your story and what you’ve done to build yourself a promising future!
Your Voice – Your Face – In Your Own Words!
Brevard Family Partnership is hosting a contest for youth in the Road to Independence – and those who have aged out and are now in Independent Living – who are interested in sharing a 3-5 minute video outlining ways the system can better serve youth in care.
Were asking you to share your personal experiences, do’s and don’ts, and practical suggestions that will help foster parents, case workers, and treatment providers better understand your experiences in care and what a youth or young adult, separated from his or her family, friends and community, needs in order to be successful.
Improving the lives of youth and young adults in care through Trauma Informed Care and Positive Youth Development!
We recently launched a new initiative in Brevard designed to train foster parents, caregivers, case managers, counselors and others involved in a youth’s life to provide a higher level of care and support that addresses and acknowledges the individual and the unique needs each person has as a result of their placement in the foster care program. Through this training and awareness, those you come in contact with will be better positioned to provide you with what you need to become the best you can be!
iPad – Kindle – Gift Cards
Make It Your Story And You Could Win!
We’ll select our favorite videos and three will be featured at our upcoming Trauma Informed Care Summit on June 20 at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Conference Center in Viera. Our three finalists will be invited to attend and be recognized for their achievements.
We’ll select one grand prize winner and two runners up. The grand prize winner will receive a new iPad mini with Wi-Fi. Our second place finalist will take home a Kindle Fire and our third place finalist a $50 Gift Card to their favorite local store.
All finalists videos will be posted on Brevard Family Partnership’s website, as well as on our YouTube channel and other social media sites.
Plus, everyone eligible who submits a video will also receive a $20 Gift Card to Walmart or Target!
We Have to Have Rules (The lawyers said so) – So, here are the contest outlines and rules:
Record a 3 – 5 minute video of yourself telling us what you think about Brevard’s foster care system, what is good about it or what could be done better. You can include thoughts about your case managers, foster parents, mentors and counselors, as well as your daily life during your time in care. Talk about what you need or needed and what the system needs to become to help you have your best shot at success in life.
There’s no limit to your creativity! Record your video at your favorite place, get your friends in on the action, back it up with a soundtrack or go solo and just tell us what you think. It’s your video; it’s your story!
- Contest runs from Wednesday, May 1 to Monday, June 3, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.
- Open to anyone 13 years and older who is or has been involved in the Brevard County foster care and/or Independent Living program, including the Road to Independence. Former youth and young adults must have been involved in the foster care or independent living program after 2005. Those under 18 years must submit a photo/video release signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Videos become the property of Brevard Family Partnership and The National Center for Innovation and Excellence and may be used, at their discretion for educational, instructional or marketing and promotional purposes.
- Videos that contain offensive language or obscene material will be disqualified.
- Please title your video with your first and last name, minimally.
- Upload your video and photo/video release to our private You Send It account at https://dropbox.yousendit.com/BrevardFamilyPartnership . You can download the You Send It mobile app on your iPhone or Android device and email the video to Stephanie.Strodtman@brevardfp.org. The photo/video release can be found at www.brevardfp.org.
For more information and to help you with any video upload issues, please email Stephanie.Strodtman@BrevardFP.org or call (321) 752-4650 ext. 3047.
Save the Date! On Wednesday, June 19 make plans to join us at the Holiday Inn Viera for an Independent Living conversation with former foster youth who are making a difference in the lives of others! For more information visit www.brevardfp.org.