For over a decade, Brevard Family Partnership and its many community partners have led the way in reducing the incidences of child abuse and neglect in Brevard, while strengthening families so that parents and children can safely remain together, in their homes and community.
Some highlights include:
- Implementation of a child abuse prevention and family preservation program that has kept over 13,000 Brevard children and their families safe and in their homes and communities
- Provided safe, quality foster homes for thousands of children and teens who have been removed from their homes due to abuse, neglect or abandonment
- Through adoption services, provided “forever homes” to 680 children who have been permanently removed from their home and reside in foster, relative, or nonrelative care.
- Worked to reduce the number of children in the formal child welfare system of care, from a high of over 1,500 children in 2005, to less than 900 in 2014
- Received National Accreditation from COA (Council on Accreditation); a validation that high quality services are being delivered, guarantees that sound financial practices are in place and utilized, and confirms the agency’s efficient operation. It also ensures that an organization’s staff is appropriately trained and prepared to meet all of its client’s needs, requires that services are provided in a safe and respectful environment, and supports positive outcomes for children and families.
Together, we’ve made “A Decade of Difference!”
In January 2015, we began our year-long awareness campaign and invited business and community leaders, children’s champions, donors and benefactors, to help us celebrate our many accomplishments and milestones and raise awareness of what a community must continue to do to help keep children safe!
Help us build a legacy fund that will keep children safe for years to come!
We reached our ten year anniversary goal to raise $100,000 to fund the Brevard Family Partnership Endowment through the Community Foundation for Brevard. The endowment will support child abuse prevention and family preservation programs and services for years to come.
We still need your help!
There are many ways that you can help change the lives of children and families in Brevard.
- Volunteer: there are many volunteer opportunities available throughout the year and ongoing.
- Mentor: a youth and or young adult in need of lasting and meaningful connections as they age out of foster care to live independently without a family of their own to offer support, guidance and celebrate life’s milestones.
- Serve: on a committee or help plan an event
- Employment: business leaders and employers can change the trajectory of a young adult by committing to employ or provide an apprenticeship for young adults who exit foster care and are in need of employment and vocational skills to become a productive and contributing member of our community.
- Support and donate to:
- Holiday gift drive
- Independent Living youth
- Funding for services and material goods
Thank you to our 10th Anniversary Sponsors
Thank you for helping us celebrate 10 years of protecting children, strengthening families, and changing lives!