It is our mission to protect children, strengthen families and change lives through the prevention of child abuse and the operation and management of a comprehensive, integrated, community-based system of care for abused, abandoned and neglected children and their families.
It is the vision of Brevard Family Partnership and its stakeholders to manage a child welfare system committed to the following:
- The safety of children will be the foremost concern, at all times;
- Permanency issues will be resolved in accordance with a child’s sense of time;
- Services are customized to meet the unique needs of each child and family and are provided by a comprehensive, community-based network of providers who are dedicated to delivering a family-centered, customized, need driven, responsive service delivery system;
- Resources will be efficiently and effectively managed to achieve better outcomes for children with the ultimate goal being child safety and permanency within a twelve-month timeframe;
- Financial support will be available from diverse federal, state and local sources and flexibly managed at the local level to meet child and family needs in a timely and appropriate manner; and
- The system will be able to collect and use data to accurately forecast what services and supports are needed, at what level of intensity and duration, and at what cost to achieve desired outcomes for each child and family in need.
Our Values and Principles of Practice
Our system of care is family centered, strength-based and community driven. We believe that all children have the inalienable right to grow up safe, healthy and fulfilled in families that love and nurture them.
Our Ten Principles of Practice are:
- Family Voice and Choice
- Natural Supports
- Culturally Competent
Brevard Family Partnership was established in 2003 as a non-profit organization in response to the Legislative mandate to privatize foster care and related services (Section 409.986, Florida Statutes). The Agency was subsequently awarded the contract, through the Florida Department of Children and Families to manage Brevard County’s child welfare system. Brevard Family Partnership and its community partners provide child abuse prevention, foster care and support, adoption, independent living and community outreach services to the children and families of Brevard County.
The Community Based Care initiative is currently being instituted throughout the State of Florida and nationwide. The CBC initiative in Brevard County is the collaborative effort of local child welfare agencies and community partnerships through the leadership of Together in Partnership, the Leadership Roundtable Alliance, Brevard County Government, Devereux, and Children’s Home Society.
These agencies worked together for four years prior to implementation to increase prevention and early intervention services with the purpose of strengthening and preserving the integrity of the family while protecting the children. The partners voluntarily assumed responsibility for the health, welfare and safety of at-risk children and families in Brevard County. The CBC philosophy empowers and challenges neighborhoods and local communities to take ownership of their community by assisting children and families.
Since it began operations in 2005, Brevard Family Partnership has consistently ranked among the top performing CBCs in the state of Florida, ranking among the top three agencies over the course of the past five years in visits to children and families, timely reunification, and exceeding the federal measures for placement stability. Since the advent of Brevard Family Partnership, and the implementation of family-centered case practice, using the wraparound process, Brevard County’s child safety has increased by nearly 50%.
Meeting and Event Accommodations – Americans with Disabilities (ADA) Accessibility If you require special accommodations to participate in any Brevard Family Partnership meeting or event, please call Christopher Goncalo, Contract and Compliance Manager at (321) 752-4650 ext. 3060 at least seven days prior to the date of the activity.
Notice: Your attendance at or participation in an event or activity presented by Brevard Family Partnership, Brevard C.A.R.E.S. or The National Center for Innovation and Excellence implies your consent to be photographed or videotaped for promotional or educational purposes.
For specific questions or concerns about this notice, please contact our Public Relations Department at (321) 752-4650.