It is our mission to protect children, strengthen families and change lives through the prevention of child abuse and the operation and management of a comprehensive, integrated, community-based system of care for abused, abandoned and neglected children and their families.
It is the vision of Brevard Family Partnership and its stakeholders to manage a child welfare system committed to the following:
- The safety of children will be the foremost concern, at all times;
- Permanency issues will be resolved in accordance with a child’s sense of time;
- Services are customized to meet the unique needs of each child and family and are provided by a comprehensive, community-based network of providers who are dedicated to delivering a family-centered, customized, need driven, responsive service delivery system;
- Resources will be efficiently and effectively managed to achieve better outcomes for children with the ultimate goal being child safety and permanency within a twelve-month timeframe;
- Financial support will be available from diverse federal, state and local sources and flexibly managed at the local level to meet child and family needs in a timely and appropriate manner; and
- The system will be able to collect and use data to accurately forecast what services and supports are needed, at what level of intensity and duration, and at what cost to achieve desired outcomes for each child and family in need.
Our Values and Principles of Practice
Our system of care is family centered, strength-based and community driven. We believe that all children have the inalienable right to grow up safe, healthy and fulfilled in families that love and nurture them.
Our Ten Principles of Practice are:
1. Family Voice and Choice
3. Natural Supports
6. Culturally Competent